Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am currently holding a UK student visa (T4). I am going to

I am currently holding a UK student visa (T4). I am going to form a limited company in the UK and be the director of it. Will that cause any problem with my current visa? If so, do I have any way to bypass it? With my current visa, I can work 20 hours a week, can I be a part time director of the company?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Being a statutory director of a limited company does not require a visa - being under a contract of employment does require visa. You can be a director and own shares in a limited company in England regardless of nationality. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** should be ok for me to be a director of a company with my student visa. It will not cause me any visa problem.