How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am currently holding a UK student visa (T4). I am going to

Resolved Question:

I am currently holding a UK student visa (T4). I am going to form a limited company in the UK and be the director of it. Will that cause any problem with my current visa? If so, do I have any way to bypass it? With my current visa, I can work 20 hours a week, can I be a part time director of the company?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Being a statutory director of a limited company does not require a visa - being under a contract of employment does require visa. You can be a director and own shares in a limited company in England regardless of nationality. Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** should be ok for me to be a director of a company with my student visa. It will not cause me any visa problem.