Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My daughter is being bullied at school by a teacher she has

My daughter is being bullied at school by a teacher she has had 15 detentions since school went back in Sept.over school trousers being wrrong yet there are lots of other girls with same trousers and have not had any punishment.the teacher has shouted in her face .compared my daughter to her own kids.and generally picked on her .I would appreciate some advice please.nichola mccoy
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nichola my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you complained to anyone yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent messages through my daughter.wrote in her book yesterday and she received isolation today.so I rang to speak and make a appointment today yet they were busy and I am awaiting a email with a appointment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to b prepared on wear I stand before my meeting.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like my daughter left to get on with her education without being picked on.I expect all kids to b same rules
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Indeed you should. You have several options:

1) Complain directly to the school - you have a meeting for this

2) If that does not work and its a state funded school you can complain to the Council - they can investigate the matter and report back to you

3) If the above does not work then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate matters at: www.lgo.org.uk

But you are right, your daughter should not be discriminated against and you should not put up with this disgraceful behaviour.
Everyone should be treated the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they continue to make a example of my daughter and bully her I want to know wat steps I can take.is that who I complain to if it is s academy and private run ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If its private options are far more limited.

http://www.isaschools.org.uk/project/uploaded-media/fact-sheet-for-parents-who-wish-to-complain-about-an-independent-school.pdf

That should assist. If its private you could sue for breach of contract and seek an injunction that they dont harass her

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not pay for her education so its not private but I don't think its govement run.so lastly which web site is the one they call it a academy
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If its funded not by you then its state run. That means you could potentially take action through the local authority or OFSTED

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Please do take a moment to rate before you go today.