Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are a small business carrying out the cleaning of

Good AfternoonWe are a small business carrying out the cleaning of Commercial Properties all over the UK. We have a customer who paid the last invoice we sent to late - our standard payment terms are 30 days from completion of works. They asked us to do another job for them. We told them in advance that the payment terms would be 30 days from Invoice. We have completed the job and issued our Invoice. On the invoice it clearly stated that payment was due in 30 days. I had an email back from them this morning stating that their payment terms were End of Month + 30 days. Meaning that the earliest we would see the payment was 30th November 2016.What I would like to know is can we withdraw our offer of 30 days payment terms and request immediate payment instead - we will not be doing any further work for this company so are not worried about losing their business.Many thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they signed the terms or any contract please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HiThey have received a copy of our Terms & Conditions that state that by accepting our quotation they accept our payment terms.

Ok - then yes, if they have breached the contract you can withdraw the 30 days, request payment and refuse to do any further work.

They knew the terms, they rejected them, so you can ask for payment and not do any further work

Customer: replied 9 months ago.