12826847

My question:- I asked a car drive company guy in Sept to

Customer Question

My question:-
I asked a car drive company guy in Sept to give me a quote, on having a Car drive made to the front of my house. He said verbally it would cost £2.5k to which I replied I had a cheaper quote of £2k. He was very pushy and I said send me a quote.I didn't get a quote or sign any contract. He said he would comeback in October with a date to do the drive. I then thought its too expensive and I was going to tell him when he calls in October.
Last Friday I comeback from work, to find a small digger in the front garden and concrete of the old drive broken up and grass carved up as preparation for new drive to go down.
I was shocked as we were in Sept and I had not been notified or agreed any start date to have it done.
I then come home Monday to find a Estimate / invoice back dated to last friday 29/9/16 with job details and total £2,500.
I don't wish to use him.
Happy to pay him a days work like £150 as good will.
P.S. I never signed anything or got any written quote.
What are my rights please?
Kind Regards
Chris Darling
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Had he not contacted you at all, prior to attending your home?

Sorry, I meant to ask had he not sent any emails or text messages at all, prior to arriving?