Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I stupidly signed for a Timeshare in Spain (Pueblo Evita).It

i stupidly signed for a Timeshare in Spain (Pueblo Evita).It was given to me by Worldwide hypermarket and I am trying to get out of this nightmare and they say i owe £5000 even though i have never been there.
One legal expert says contract could be null and void as it is not in 'good title' can you help please Rita Galloway
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did you sign the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 years ago
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you havent asked for my email but it is***@******.*** thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Rita my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can I just ask, if you already have a Solicitor, why do you need help here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i havent got a solicitor. It was a paralegal on a Timeshare help website
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Who signed the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Just you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

And you know this is a question and answer site, so I can not act for you?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I can only give advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You would need to get the contract checked by a Solicitor. But generally they are tight and you are tied in for life.

However your husband is not liable for any fees whatsoever - that is because if he didnt sign the agreement, he is not liable in any way whatsoever.

It makes no difference if you have not been there, as I assume its for maintenance fees etc. If that is the case then sadly you are liable.

If you have been offered to be release then I would consider this, but before you pay any money make sure it is protected.

You can place it in Escrow, that means the money is placed via a secure third party. So once you are released then payment is given across.

But dont touch anyone that wants the fee up front before they do any work.
Can I clarify anything for you about his today please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive never received a contract only a membership for and welcome letter, i have asked them to send me one.......
the timeshare was given to me and ive been told that this is null and void as it is not in'good title'
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its possible, but I would need to see the contract and title documents.

So it is possible that is is correct, but any lawyer would need to see the documents before giving a definitive view.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor