12826847

I recently purchased a horse on the 9th July 2016 for £6,500

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I recently purchased a horse on the 9th July 2016 for £6,500 from a private seller (although she does breed). It was a four year old that she had bred herself, but unknown to me when purchasing, he had a pre-existing medical condition, which under advice from a vet, cannot be ridden, ever, as it would be dangerous. The seller assured me he was sound, and was when viewed. The matter only came relevant when I started riding him a few weeks later, where I ended up taking him to see our local equine hospital, and, physiotherapist, where upon x-raying his neck the condition was recognised.
I kept in contact with the seller at all times, but is now refusing to give a refund. Do I have a case to take her to Court for a full refund of the horse, plus vet, costs etc.
Lorraine Walters
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Do you have proof of any of the representations she made about the horse, in writing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, only what was verbally discussed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im in work at the moment, so not convenient to talk.