13262538

My ex wife remarried and now is divorcing her new husband

Customer Question

My ex wife remarried and now is divorcing her new husband after 5 months.. (she has waited the 1 year) I have not fully paid the agreed settlement between her and I and wanted to know if her new husband would have any claim or right to pursue money he is awarded from her from me?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: My wife and I were granted our divorce on 5th Dec 2014 and she remarried in Oct 2015. The marriage lasted 5 months but she has had to wait for the anniversary of the marriage to seek divorce. I have still not paid my ex wife her whole settlement from when we divorced in 2014 and need to know if her new husband can pursue me for anything he is awarded in his divorce from my ex wife. She is still listed as half owner of my home until she has been paid although I presume she would only be entitled to what she was owed and not half of the homes value.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Her current husband cannot take any action against you in respect of money owed to your ex - that is a matter between you and her.

The fact that she is due to receive those sums may be taken into account in the financial settlement made between them - but that is a different matter

Please ask if you need further details