31090051

Scots Law Defamation writ In a claim for defamation that

Scots Law
Defamation writIn a claim for defamation that happened at work, is the claim against the person or people making the defamation or is it against the employer?
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

It could be either or both. If the employee was acting in the course of their employment then you can sue both. If the person was acting outwith the bounds of employment it would be the employee only. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you. I will rate excellent. One more...if I sue both, should it be on separate writs? Sorry, also what grounds would the employer be if it was the individual acting in employment (the emails were sent to others who also repeated it)?