ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

I am applying for British citizenship, on the AN form it

Customer Question

I am applying for British citizenship, on the AN form it asks me if I was married before to add my previous wife`s details including her date of birth, the problem is, because I divorced her in 2004 I do not remember her date of birth and I lost contact with her as she has moved on, is this detail really important in the application or not?
Many thanks for you time.
John Paul
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 10 months ago.

Dear Mr Paul,

You have asked a good question, and I will try and assist you as much as I can.

It is important that you complete the form fully and accurately as this helps the authority to decide the application swiftly.

If however, you are unable to provide the infirmation requested, such as your ex-wife's DOB, then you can leave this blank and put in a covering letter with your application explaining why you are unable to provide this information. This way, the decision maker will understand why you left this information blank in the form.

I do not anticipate any issues.

Hi Paul.

I hope you have had a chance to look at my response.

Any queries, please let me know, otherwise please kindly rate my answer.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.
If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.
To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password ***** you will not be able to view or rate your answer.
If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 7 months ago.

Happy New Year.

I note that you have not rated my answer, which is now long overdue.

I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answer as soon as possible.

I have noted that you have not rated my answer.

Please kindly rate my answer as soon as possible.