Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I rented at flat via a company call Your Move between

I rented at flat via a company call Your Move between February and August10th this year. on a 6 month let. At the end of the 6 month I moved out. However I am having trouble recovering my deposit from Your Move. Every time I email them to ask about the deposit they say that they cannot get hold of the landlord and cannot release the deposit with out his say so. The contract states that the deposit will be repaid as soon as practicable. What doe as soon as practicable mean in legal terms and has that time now reasonable expired to enable me to take legal action through the small claims court.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

The law says they must this within 14 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the 14 days start on the day I vacate the flat. Your Move are stating that I and the landlord have to agree if there are to be any deductions first. I know there should be none as the flat was left in a better (cleaner) condition than it was when I took on the tenancy. Do I have to go through Your Moves complaints procedure before I start a claim through the small claims court.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes 14 days from date you leave.

You dont have to go through the complaints procedure first no. You can issue now.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!