Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

Please find below details of a legal issue that I have been

Please find below details of a legal issue that I have been complaining to the council and LGO about for nearly a year now and getting nowhere. Please can you tell me if there is anything I can do about this:
In May 2015 I was the victim of a serious assault by my partner which caused me to leave our family home where we lived with our young son and my partner's 2 children, then aged 6 and 8. My partner had been suffering from worsening mental health over the last year and had a history of mental health problems and violent behaviour. Immediately following the assault my partner called the police accusing me of having hit her. This accusation was untrue and so after having been arrested and interviewed by the police I was released without charge. This report however was passed on to Childrens Services and prompted a further investigation. ***** ***** was the officer sent to investigate.
From the moment I met Ms. Baker I felt some animosity from her and found it difficult to communicate with her, this relationship only worsened with her ultimately telling me that she would be happy when the investigation was over so that she would not have to see me again. It is clear to me that Ms. Baker believed that I had assaulted my partner, despite all the information and evidence I offered to discredit this. Throughout the investigation I became more and more desperate and defensive as it was clear to me that she didn't believe a single word I said.
At the end of the investigation, which was not until December 2015 due to my partner being admitted to psychiatric hospital twice in that time, I was presented with Ms. Baker's final report on the situation and asked to sign a release allowing it to be shared with relevant 3rd parties. I was absolutely shocked to read a completely biased report. Ms. Baker was called in to assess the safety of the children following an incident in which I had been assaulted by my partner. Though I am aware there was an element of word against word, there was absolutely no mention in the report whatsoever of an assault against me, which is the reality of the situation which required investigation, but a whole paragraph and more about me striking my partner, which absolutely dd not happen. As I have mentioned I offered a vast amount of information and hard evidence to discredit the idea that I had assaulted my partner but Ms. Baker refused to listen to it or pursue it or even mention my side of the story in the report. After reading this report I had a long conversation with Ms. Baker going over it explaining my outrage and going into detail about the problems. Ms. Baker seemed to listen and make notes and promised me that she would make significant changes to the report. On this seemingly sincere promise I agreed to sign the release. When I was presented with the supposedly revised report however I saw that it had hardly changed at all. I again expressed outrage and said that I was not happy for this document to be shared or even allowed to go on file. I was informed that it had already been finalised and shared.
I believe that Ms. Baker acted with extreme gender prejudice in her investigtion, continually refusing to believe or even formally record anything I said to her, not investigating the case sufficiently, repeatedly refusing to pursue evidence and information which supported my side of the story, overlooking clear inconsistencies in my partner's story which discredit her statements.
Ms. Baker produced an extremely biased report that did not represent my views on the subject of the assault or any of the other issues therein.
I feel like she tricked me into signing the release form, disseminating a biased document which strongly gives the impression that I assaulted my partner. This report was shared with my partner's ex-husband which has resulted in this lie gaining weight amongst my partner's family. This has caused me an enormous amount of damage and distress. To stand accused of a crime that you haven't committed is an extraordinarily distressing thing, particular something as shameful as assaulting one's partner. The impact on me over the last year has been tremendous. My family think my personality has changed, I feel very defensive and sensitive and stressed whereas before such things would have been competely contrary to my personality. My work has been affected, my mental and physical health has been affected, recently my hair has begun to fall out. A have complained about this to the council and then to the LGO after they failed to adequately address my complaint but have gotten nowhere. It does not seem like they are taking my complaint seriously and I believe this is because Ms. Baker's prejudice is stamped all over the investigation and anybody called in to review it is faced with biased and insufficient information.
Is there anything that can be done about this?
***** *****on
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I want an explanation as to how this happened. I want to know why my side of the story is not included in the report whatsoever. I want it to be acknowledged that the report i biased and how my previous complaint wasn't upheld when the bias is so glaring. I want Ms. Baker to be investigated for sexism. I want it to be acknowledged that this report was shared illegally. I would like the offending report to be completely removed from the record. Ultimately I want my name to be cleared of having assaulted my partner.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

What did the LGO say?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They say that the report does reflect the differing view of both parties, but the 2 examples the LGO gave were one sentence simply stating that we "present opposing views". The other example is a sentence saying that I "claim I was injured but this isn't reflected in the police report." This IS discussed in my police interview which I have obtained a copy of and offered to Ms. Baker to prove this fact but she wasn't interested. On the other side, there is a whole paragraph and more talking about me assaulting my partner.
They say that they are satisfied that the social worker followed the correct procedure in regards ***** ***** sharing of the form, but I think it is obvious that I did not want that report shared.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

You can consider a Judicial Review of the decision. This is where a High Court examines the decision and sees whether it is legal and reasonable.

A Court will either agree with the decision or remit it back for further consideration.

You can find more information on Judicial Review at:

Sadly this is your only option as you have been to LGO.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No you've been a big help.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor