Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I bought my property 22years ago with a barn a joining the

I bought my property 22years ago with a barn a joining the land the barn was not part of the purchase and has recently been sold and planning
has granted to turn it into a dwelling. the new owners have taken it upon themselves to excavate into the bank which supports my garden and installed a pumped drainage system without my consent. the excuse they gave was the bank seems to be unregistered. I was given planning
permission to build a retaining wall with pedestrian access 21 years ago so I presumed the bank belonged to me
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

Is your land registered ? is theirs? . Do you have any scale maps if unregistered, any descriptions in respect of what your"demise" is in terms of measurement or description?

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
both properties are registered. land registry have been using ordinance survey maps based on the original fence line of the farm back in 1896 which would have been at the top of the bank to keep livestock in