Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My tenants are supposed to give 2 months' notice to leave

Customer Question

My tenants are supposed to give 2 months' notice to leave the property. They thought they only had to give one month and so did i because none of us remembered properly. When they gave one month's notice, I replied via email to say that was ok. I then checked their contract and realised they were supposed to give two months. They say that because I accepted their initial notice via email, then this over rides the original contract they signed saying they would give two months. Is this correct?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Sadly if you said 'ok' this does override the contract.

This is because they made an offer to leave which you accepted. They can rely on your acceptance to leave.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
a speedy and clear response

Could you click on the stars or happy face please? That rates the answer. Thanks