Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a residential property that was Let through a local

I have a residential property that was Let through a local agent whom knows me , he was introduced to me by an ex employee , the payments have been ok in the past however the agent did not pay rent last month and said that he had changed all his payments to landlords in arears, upon questioning him he has produced a 5 year lease agreement signed by an ex employee 3 years ago, stating that rents will be paid in arrears,I also have a copy of an email sent to the estate agents asking them to change all paperwork to my name as the landlord and owner of the property.
I know this has been fabricated but cannot prove it because I believe the ex employee had taken the original agreement with him.
Can an employee sign a lease agreement with an agent for a property that does not belong to and is on my Personal name ?.
The agent also states that he is under no legal obligation to check who the actual owner of the property is .
All the rents have been paid into my business account and that is shown on the lease agreement .
The reason I know it's been fabricated the actual name on the paperwork from the agents was alias for the employee and the name on the contract is another name .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?