Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Next of kin for my father in law Assistant: Thank you. Can

Customer Question

next of kin for my father in law
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: his only son has rapid dementia so who would be his dads next of kin .I am caring for his dad just now
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

The next of kin normally refers to the person who would be entitled to act to administer his estate.

That is determined by a table of blood relatives. Spouse, children , parents, siblings, nephews/nieces, cousins.

In the absence of those most organisations which require consent for, say, treatment will accept the reality of the situation that you are de facto caring for him.

In addition they may accept you having some authority as his carer.

Best wishes

Michael