Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am in the process of selling my house to a reputable

I am in the process of selling my house to a reputable company for cash but looking through the documents I see that they will leave the title deeds in my name and will do a power of attorney for when they sell. What happens to council tax and other utilities as I will be in another property and paying the ct and utilities there. Is this normal and above board?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. This is standard practice, and is done so that the Company do not have to register themselves as owner of the Property at the Land Registry, for which there is a cost and which takes time. I am guessing that they plan to re-sell your property pretty sharpish and leaving your name on the title enables this transaction to go through quicker. As regards ***** ***** and the Utility bills, you will NOT be responsible for these after completion of the Sale and it makes no difference if your name is ***** ***** the Deeds. On a side point, I would always recommend that you speak to an independent local Conveyancing Solicitor to look through the paperwork for you in case there are any onerous conditions. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al