29905560

We have just purchased a pre owned static caravan on a

We have just purchased a pre owned static caravan on a holiday park the previous owners still have a substantial amount of personal possessions left inside which we are waiting for them to remove how long is considered reasonable to wait for this to happen
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Are they aware that the possessions are there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they are
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The park management have been asked by me to speed it up but no progress

Can you contact the owners directly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no details of the previous owners as the sale was completed by park management

What you should do is contact the owners and tell them that you are giving them 30 days within which to make arrangements to collect their belongings, failing which you reserve the right to dispose of them as you see fit with no further liability against you. The key is that they are notified of this and your intentions and know the specific date by which they need to act – so give them a set date as a deadline. If you are unable to contact them directly then you should ask the park management to do that on your behalf and request that this is done by sending a letter is recorded delivery so that you have proof it was sent and delivered. Keep copies. If they fail to make arrangements to collect their belongings after the deadline has passed then you will have the right to dispose of them as stated in the warning letter.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you