12826847

My mother recently died. It states in her will that her

Customer Question

My mother recently died. It states in her will that her estate is to be split between her three daughters. At the time the will was written my younger sister was living in the house. There is a clause in the will that the house and contents remain hers until such time as she moves or remarries. She has not lived in the house for 18 years but is saying she wants to move back in. The will is being read next weekend, does this clause still apply?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Will regarding her occupation?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Please find section of will
14 I DESIRE that my house known as 56 Homefield Rise, Orpington, Kent, BR6 ORW and contents may be kept by my daughter ***** ***** until such time as she moves or remarries upon which it will be divided between such of my daughter Ann Mortley and my daughter ***** ***** and my daughter Linda Redman as shall survive me and in equal
shares if more than oneHer name is ***** ***** ***** ***** as she married in 2002 (her first marriage), and she has not lived in the house for 18 years. I have attached the complete will for you to read.She wants to move back into the house even though she privately rents at the moment and is therefore saying the house is hers.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

So she actually married AFTER the Will was made