Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am about to set up a Trust with Inheritance Legal Services

I am about to set up a Trust with Inheritance Legal Services Ltd. of Cambridge putting my house in trust to my son so that if I need to go into a care home, my property may not be sold to pay for the fees. I do not know if this company is a bona fide company, it seems so from the internet but people are saying I should be wary. I am about to pay approx., £3,000 for this to be arranged, with £50 per year for this record to be kept at their premises. Help!
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Please please go and discuss matters with a local Wills Solicitor- I'm afraid these non Solicitor companies are telling clients that their home is 100% safe by setting up a magical Trust, but the truth is that nothing can be guaranteed and your home is not 100% secure if you are to remain living there. These Companies charge an arm and a leg to draft one Trust Deed (which a Solicitor would do for no more than £500) and to be charged £50 per year is astronomical-most Solicitors, for example, would normally charge no more than £20 and most don't charge at all. So, make an appointment to see a Solicitor who will be able to advise you as regards ***** ***** fees and discussing the legitimate ways of protecting your home and making a Will. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al