Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son is sixteen and started full time work 40 hours per

Customer Question

Hi there , My son is sixteen and started full time work 40 hours per week as an apprentice leisure assistant . He receives £2oo a week . Do I still need to pay child support whilst he is earning .
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As it appears he is no longer in full-time education as he is in full-time work, child maintenance liability will end.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for clarifying that for me .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one more question . My ex wife believes because there is education lnvolved in the apprentice ship I should still pay. I think she is wrong because he is being paid.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

No worries. The training must be a government approved training course and be unpaid for her to continue to be eligible for child maintenance