12826847

I am a childminder who received a notice of suspension from

Customer Question

I am a childminder who received a notice of suspension from ofsted as I have been accused of physically abusing a child in my care? what do I do next?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your my only option at the moment. I contacted my legal team number on liability ins but they are unable to assist within this initial 6 week period of suspension. I just don't know what to do. I earn little and obviously nothing now and wonder how I'll find anything if I need to later down line. Appreciate all the help you may give me.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue looking please. I have police interview tomorrow with a solicitor they are providing.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like possible representation if necessary from a solicitor if required beyond today's interview with police. They have provided solicitor today but beyond today what should I do next? Are you able to provide me details of law companies with appropriate solicitors on their books?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Why aren't you using the firm supplied?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure how to express it differently.

Why aren't you using the solicitor you had in interview?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I haven't had interview as yet and wasn't sure if I could continue using this solicitor. I have no previous experience, I wasn't sure this was an interim solution but I'd be expected to find my own beyond this point.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Usually the solicitor at the police station will send somebody to court for you.

If they do not then you can always use the duty solicitor at court who can pick the case up thereafter.

The onus isn't usually on the defendant very much as obviously some defendants are completely incompetent.