12826847

I took out a contract with safestyle uk 1st September2016

Customer Question

I took out a contract with safestyle uk 1st September2016 for 2 doors and a window. I only chose to use this compamy because I have only a very specific timeline in which to get them installed and thesalesman verbally assured me (in front of a witness) that they would be able to complete the contract in 3 to 4 weeks. I paid the deposit and was in for the surveyor at the first date they had available (6th September) and booked the installation for the first date that they said was available (19th September). As I work in Portsmouth and my house is in Leeds (218 miles away) and I am not living there, it is empty, I drove up for the installation, and was phoned on the day to say that they had lost a door, so wouldnt be able to do afull installation, so I re booked forthe next date I would be able to drive back up (24th September). On the 24th, I had again driven to Leeds and when the fitters arrived they said that I would require a lintel, they didn't have one, and were not able to get one. When I rang customer services, they informed me that I could re book, but could not talk to anyone about cancelling until the Monday as there was no one in. When I phoned on Monday (26th) and said that I wished to cancel, I was told that I couldn't asthey had made the doors and windows, when I pointed out that I had run out of time for them to re install and had already driven over 1000miles, I was essentially told tough luck. I gave them an email address on which they could contact me and said that I was not going forwards with the contract and ended the conversation. When I had heaed nothing from them by the 30th September, I emailed them and restated what I had said on the phone. On the 6th October I recieved a reply telling me that I had no choice but to allow them to complete the contract but they will put my doors and windows in storage and install them next year on my return. I informed my bosses, and they allowed me to have one more weekend off to get this done (I am in the military and just about to deploy to the Falklands, so am not being difficult, I actually have no time left to mess about.). I then booked installation again for Saturday 8th October, and emailed to inform them that this was their final opportunity as I have been massively inconvenienced and will have driven over 1500 miles by the time I return to work after this trip. They emailed me to assure me that it would be done this time. of 1300hrs, they have not arrived, I am being told that they are in a traffic jam and unlikely to arrive soon. If the installation is not completed this weekend I donot want to usethis company again, even on my return next year, as they have taken no responsibility for the first 2 failures to install, and will justtell me that this, again, is 'unforseen circumstances'. So far I have wasted time, money, and had totaketime off work to accomodate their mistakes. Where do I stand on this, can I cancel if they do not install today, now that I have repeatedly accomodated their failures?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to cancel, and have nothing more to do with them. I dont care about gettig my deposit back, I've just had enough.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am currently on hold with another company in an attempt to get someone to fix my boiler or I would go with the phonecall, but I only have one phone.)

How did you pay for your deposit to Safestyle? Was it credit card?