12826847

I work as a Supervisor in retail (sadly!) and am in a

Customer Question

I work as a Supervisor in retail (sadly!) and am in a position whereby I currently work Monday to Wednesday 1pm to 8.15pm this includes an unpaid 30 minute break. I HAVE to go home between now and Xmas during my break to let my dogs out and have asked if I can do this i.e. leave the premises. Nowhere in my contract does it say I am unable to leave the premises during this time. I have been told that I can't do this because there wouldn't be a Supervisor on site if I left. However if I left at 3 - 30pm there would be a Supervisor (Senior Supervisor) on site as we have a 2.5hour crossover period. Firstly they said the 2.5hr crossover time is going to be used to train the Senior Supervisor on other things therefore she wouldn't be on the shop floor (but she would be in the building as would the Manager and it's only a small place) and then they said if I left at 3pm they won't that half hour as the handover period. I am SOOOOOO confused !! can they do this??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?