Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I employ a security firm which has negligently allowed

Customer Question

I employ a security firm which has negligently allowed gypsies on my land on two occasions. So I sacked them and have not yet paid their last months fees if £13k as the insured non recoverable costs we gave incurred are about £15k. Their terms of engagement expressly prohibit off-set. My defence to their proceedings will be to counterclaim for damages arising from their negligence. Can the court be asked to merge/join the two actions for a single hearing or mediation rather than me being forced to pay their contractual debt and then sue the for negligence to get it back? David Beard
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello David my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

He would need to make an application but yes.

If they arise out of the same facts then it would make sense for a court to hear them together, despite being two claims.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.