31090051

My mother and step father made a will 25yrs ago, my husband

my mother and step father made a will 25yrs ago, my husband was the executor. Mother has now passed away, and stepfather has made a new will, using another executor. We never saw my mothers will on her death. Should my husband have been told about the new will with new executor. Is he entitled to see mothers will?.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If your husband was executor of your mother's will he was responsible for winding up her estate and should have been privy to the will and your mother's estate. He would not necessarily be entitled to see your stepfather's new will but I would have concerns that your husband was shut out of your mother's estate. It may have been that everything was to pass to your stepfather anyway but in my opinion your husband is entitled to ask questions concerning your mother's will. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Should my step father have told his new solicitor about the original will,therefore the executor should have been informed he was no longer an executive is this common practice