Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

A friends partnet of 25yrs has died and left a will leaving

A friends partnet of 25yrs has died and left a will leaving the house to her son. My friends name is ***** ***** the mortgage any bill or he has just found out the council tax. Her son has given him a weeks notice email to leave the propery. What are my friends rights
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hi, your friend has the right to apply to Court under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act if he has not been left adequate financial provision in his partner's Will. Please note that any such application needs to be made as soon as possible. Your friend should therefore go and see a local Wills Solicitor just as soon as he can, so he can be fully advised on this. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al