LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I was a passenger in a car which was the rear car in a 3 car

I was a passenger in a car which was the rear car in a 3 car shunt at low speed. The driver of one of the cars was abusive to me close in my ear as I was taking photos his wife tried to take my phone I grabbed her hand and pushed it away which she got a small surface scratch I have been cautioned for ABH but never charged. Can the police keep my ame and what recall do I have against the other couple
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very disappointed I haven't had an answer to my question I asked this yesterday it is now 1450 on the 10/10/16
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to wait it's just I wasn't hearing anything so wasn't sure anyone was working on itThank you *****
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

By accepting a caution you have accepted that you used unlawful violence on the person concerned.

Th police can and will keep a record of it.

In terms of redress what harm have you suffered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was verbally abused (very nasty language used) and the woman who I apparently scratched tried to take my phone which I grabbed her hand to push away and that apparently is when the scratch happened. I have never seen the scratch to know whether I did it as far as accepting the caution I was told by the police to shut up and listen.Thank you
Tracy Staines
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband was also threatened aswell

But you, having admitted using unlawful violence and causing an injury, will find it very hard to get any redress. There will be no compensation fro being verbally abused. Was the otehr party arrested? Do you know how they were dealt with by the police?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we were kept separate I haven't admitted anything the police told me to shut up. There was attempted theft from them and verbal abuse

If you have been give a formal police caution you are required to sign a document in which you admit the offence? If this did not happen what do you mean by cautioned? Do you mean an officer said "You do not have to say anything etc.etc." to you.

Did you have a solicitor in the interview?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said to me that I am being cautioned for ABH that is being held on report with my name on it. I did not sign anything I was cautioned on scene

Were you arrested and questioned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I wasn't arrested I was told by the police

in that case yo have not been cautioned. If the police took your details they can keep t on the police national computer for intelligence purposes. This is not a criminal record. In terms of recompense I doubt if there is any form of compensation for the post accident incident.

I think there is nothing you can really do here except treat it as water under the bridge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very muchTracy Staines

I would be grateful if you would please rate my answers as I will not get credited for answering you unless you do.

LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.