Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I was banned for a year from American football by BAFA. This

Customer Question

I was banned for a year from American football by BAFA. This was because of things I said and did whilst manic: I have bipolar affective disorder. I believe I have been discriminated against because of my illness and would like help to assess whether I have grounds to take BAFA on legally.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you saying your actions was solely directed down to the condition and nothing else?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Have you been medically examined and can a medical expert confirm this for you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have had the diagnosis since 2009 and I am under prof ***** *****'s I have a letter from him confirming my behaviours were due to my illness
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

If you can get medical evidence to say this was a direct cause then you may have a claim.

You need to get a Solicitor to write and set out your position asking for the position to be reversed and/or compensation.

I think its unfair that you have done things whilst under this condition and BAFA want to hold you to account. You should not be liable for any actions, violent or not, against someone else if you are disabled. You should be able to do whatever you want with your condition.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings for disability discrimination. You can do this by completing form N1:

The matter will go before a Judge who will decide whether their disgraceful behaviour is illegal and unfair.

You could also complain to the Equality Commission which can investigate and prosecute. Their website is:

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.