13262538

A DWP Local Service Compliance Officer is going to see my

Customer Question

A DWP Local Service Compliance Officer is going to see my bank statements for an income-related employment and support allowance benefit review and they will see that I pay my grandmother £400 per month by direct debit for my living expenses but then she gives most of it back to me and I pay it back into my bank. Will this type of behaviour be acceptable to the DWP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously she gives most of the £400.00 back to me as I can't live without it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

Where does that money come from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The money comes from my income-related employment and support allowance benefit, Christmas and birthday money and my two tax refunds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from some trust money (£2000) that I've already declared.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Provided that is where the money came from and it has all been declared this will not be an issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your help.