Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife, son & myself want to buy a house to let. We were

My wife, son & myself want to buy a house to let. We were planning to put 45% of the house in my sons name as we have never touched any of the benefits he has received over the last thirty years. Would buying the house and receiving rent affect the benefits my son and wife receives ?
My son gets incapacity benefit £233.00 every two weeks and my wife receives Disability Living Allowance £307.66 every 4 weeks and Carers Allowance £248.40 every 4 weeks.
Kind regards,
Peter
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. For general information disability living allowance and incapacity benefit is not means-tested therefore capital and income will not be taken into account. However, if they also receive benefits such as housing benefit that is means tested and may be impacted by thr proposal.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.