Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I suffered a fractured spine at in wonderland in Bournemouth

I suffered a fractured spine at Alice in wonderland in Bournemouth 4 years ago and still suffering with numb thighs and can't hold my bladder as I could before . I went with a no win no fee company at the time , I was talked into accepting the first offer and found out just before payout that the solicitor dealing with me had got all affairs in order and left the firm .i was made aware today by someone that is dealing with a debt that was caused by my injury that this sounded a little unusual, and maybe get some advice thankyou ***** *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello jamie thankyou for responding my name is ***** ***** jumped to Dan. I'm just wondering if I was fairly represented or whether they might have cut my claim short , so they could get their payment quickly so they leave their position when they wanted and whether £11000 was a fair payout for a spinal injury I'm still suffering from and 7000 went in unpaid mortgage and bills due to the accident as I was self employed leaving me £4000 for 7 months of hell???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still feel the area of my back that was damaged . I have feelings of someone pouring cups of hot liquid down my thighs and they go numb for long periods of time .I get caught so short I sometimes wet myself a bit .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You may have a claim for negligence against the Solicitor, but what you cant do is reopen the case against the Defendant.

What is the prognosis for your back according to the medical expert?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to see a specialist and get one if I was to take this further. I now feel that the solicitor was leaving and rushed my case through to receive their commission prior to leaving the company , at no point did the solicitor say to me that they were leaving.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its hard to say without knowing. But the 2016 guidelines are this:

Up to 1 year - £2,050 - £3,630

1-2 years - £3,630 - £6,600

After 2 years but not permanent - £6,600 to £10,670

Prolonged acceleration £10,450 - £23,120

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou jamie
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!