12826847

On 27/09/2016, my son's car was parked in Burford Road,

Customer Question

On 27/09/2016, my son's car was parked in Burford Road, Hounslow, near Brentford FC with two wheels on the pavement. When he returned to the car he had a parking notice saying that he had committed an offence. I understand that unless there is a notice prohibiting parking on the pavement, which as far as he could see, there definitely was not, then he has NOT committed an office and as such is not liable to pay the charge (£55 in 14 days otherwise £110)
Am I correct?
Rodney Pitt
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
London Borough of Hounslow (Parking Services) P O Box 211 Sheffield S98 1NG
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Were there signs up allowing parking on the pavement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not se any signs regarding parking, other than the occasional one asking people to avoid blocking access to an entrance for disabled people. However, it was dark/street lighting and we were in a hurry
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case, the starting point is that he has committed a contravention.

Within the central London Boroughs parking with wheels on the pavement is automatically prohibited unless there are signs up to the contrary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have no defence even though there were no obvious signs notifying us of the situation?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can always try to appeal it. Sometimes they don't enforce it.

But if you went to Adjudication that would be the outcome if the facts are as you say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you so now I pay you the £47 plus the original £55?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or am I on a free trial?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I am never involved in billing. You would need to email customer services about that.

I didn't think they did free trials but, as I said, I am never involved in that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.