Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have received a letter from the district judge commenting

'A letter is insufficient. The petitioner must file a formal statement with a statement of truth pointing to evidence that the respondent has received the Divorce papers' can you tell what I need to do next please? Louise
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. It appears you would need to apply for deemed service which can be done using form D11 and a £50 court fee. Alongside this you need to prepare a statement outlining information and evidence such as texts, letters and correspondence attached to the statement, as well as proof he has received the letter by recorded delivery. The statement should identify all this and at the end of the statement you need to include: I believe that the facts stated in this statement are true.

You then need to sign and date the statement and send it to the court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris, Law Specialist
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

To add to the above.

In fact the next step that the court is likely to require is that you arrange for a further set of the paperwork to be personally served on your ex - likely to cost about £100.

This is only of use if the grounds for the Divorce are Unreasonable Behaviour or five years separation.

If it is anything else there is simply no point in your making any applictaion at all other than for leave to amend your petition