Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Could i please enquire for property rent advice? We are

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
Could i please enquire for property rent advice?
We are renting a 1 bedroom flat from L&Q for 4 years.
We had lot of noise nuisance throughout the years. Put numbers of complaints in to the property manager who sent few letters out but never followed up the proplem. We had. Oulle of house visits by her .on one occasion she suggested we move out of the property.
The noise carried on until i asked the neighbours to keep the noise down.we ended up calling the police as it turned out to be a heated argument. I have reported this to the property manager via email. Had no reply to this email.
We are moving out on This Saturday and enquired to get the parking gate either openned or to provide us with a copy so we could pack the van easy. This was confirmed the week before by the other property manager who is taking over.she also adviced that i will get an email to confirm this, so we can pick up the key and return it when the flat will be returned.
Unfortunately today when i called in to confirm i was adviced that this isn't possible and i should knock at neighbours doors to ask for a key.
I am going through my second round of Ivf and had my embryo transfer last week.i have explainned this to my property manager who had no symphaty at all and suggested that we ask around the neighbours.also said that the delivery vans can easily park their vans in front of the property.
I asked to be transfered to the complaint department, the property manager explained that i can't file for a complaint and should talk to the team leader. I have explained the situation. I was told he should be able to get back to me this pm or tomorrow morning.
I wasn' t imformed about the complaint procedure.
Both property manager ignored my request.
I'd like to get a legal advice on how i could take this further as i feel that they are breaching the contract.
Many thanks.
Looking forward to hear from you
Kind regards,
Mrs Ildiko Kovacsova
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

What is your number?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
0788(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry typed the wrong number:
0788(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'd like to get an opinion on what we could do next. I'd like to put an official complaint in.
We had lot of inconvinience in this property and i feel it isn't right the way we are being treated, ignored, spoken to.
We will need to return the flat next Monday and i am concerned that is gonna be unfair too.( even though we kept the property very tidy).
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you here?

Sorry I have been in Court. I see you have requested a refund on the call, so I do not need to call you.

Did you ever complain to Environmental Health?
How much do you want to claim?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have complained to Environmental Health. They have adviced us to go through L&Q- housing, -lanlords and this is were we didn't get mych support.
I'd like to claim the half month rent back ( our last rent) plus our deposit.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks for your help! Have a great evening

And you