How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 711
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Could i please enquire for property rent advice? We are

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
Could i please enquire for property rent advice?
We are renting a 1 bedroom flat from L&Q for 4 years.
We had lot of noise nuisance throughout the years. Put numbers of complaints in to the property manager who sent few letters out but never followed up the proplem. We had. Oulle of house visits by her .on one occasion she suggested we move out of the property.
The noise carried on until i asked the neighbours to keep the noise down.we ended up calling the police as it turned out to be a heated argument. I have reported this to the property manager via email. Had no reply to this email.
We are moving out on This Saturday and enquired to get the parking gate either openned or to provide us with a copy so we could pack the van easy. This was confirmed the week before by the other property manager who is taking over.she also adviced that i will get an email to confirm this, so we can pick up the key and return it when the flat will be returned.
Unfortunately today when i called in to confirm i was adviced that this isn't possible and i should knock at neighbours doors to ask for a key.
I am going through my second round of Ivf and had my embryo transfer last week.i have explainned this to my property manager who had no symphaty at all and suggested that we ask around the neighbours.also said that the delivery vans can easily park their vans in front of the property.
I asked to be transfered to the complaint department, the property manager explained that i can't file for a complaint and should talk to the team leader. I have explained the situation. I was told he should be able to get back to me this pm or tomorrow morning.
I wasn' t imformed about the complaint procedure.
Both property manager ignored my request.
I'd like to get a legal advice on how i could take this further as i feel that they are breaching the contract.
Many thanks.
Looking forward to hear from you
Kind regards,
Mrs Ildiko Kovacsova
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 711
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

What is your number?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
0788(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry typed the wrong number:
0788(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'd like to get an opinion on what we could do next. I'd like to put an official complaint in.
We had lot of inconvinience in this property and i feel it isn't right the way we are being treated, ignored, spoken to.
We will need to return the flat next Monday and i am concerned that is gonna be unfair too.( even though we kept the property very tidy).
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are you here?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Sorry I have been in Court. I see you have requested a refund on the call, so I do not need to call you.

Did you ever complain to Environmental Health?
How much do you want to claim?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
We have complained to Environmental Health. They have adviced us to go through L&Q- housing, -lanlords and this is were we didn't get mych support.
I'd like to claim the half month rent back ( our last rent) plus our deposit.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Many thanks for your help! Have a great evening
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

And you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice