29905560

My wife developed chronic diarrhoea which last for fifteen

Customer Question

My wife developed chronic diarrhoea which last for fifteen days.We were due to go on holiday on the 1st Oct for which we had paid £678.00 I notified the company of my wifes condition on the 26th Sept.And was reminded of the cancellation t&c. Now no way could my wife forsee the future of the impending situ. and it is on that note that I applied for a refund. Todate I have not had a reply from my letter and 2 E-mails to the company. I did not have GB tours insurance or any other. My question is what is my position regars getting some or all of my money back.If any concern we are both in our eighties.
Yours Faithfully John Fitch
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long after booking did you request a cancellation?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, if you are unable to go on a pre-booked holiday due to illness then there are really only a couple of ways you can cancel it and get some or all of your money back. The first is if there was a specific cancellation right with the holiday provider, so this would be a cancellation clause contained in the contract or agreement you had with them. They do not have to provide such a clause though so it is up to them.

In the absence of such a clause you need to have adequate insurance in place which will cover you in the event you cannot go on holiday and lose your money by not attending. That is why it is imperative to have good insurance in place which covers you for whatever likely issues you may personally experience. You would have known the cancellation terms of the holiday straight away so that would have given you ample opportunity to seek and purchase adequate insurance.

If you did not have the right to cancel and no insurance in place then sadly it could mean that you lose the money if you do not travel. The holiday company could decide to refund you some money as a goodwill gesture but they would not be legally obliged to do so.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Ben I guess this closes the book and I claim my refund with no further charges, please confirm
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

you do not appear to be on a membership plan so there should be no further charges