29905560

Any sums that are proven by the Company to be owed in

Any sums that are proven by the Company to be owed in respect of any gross negligence on your part that causes the Company to suffer any loss, any such sums will be fully investigated and the subject of formal disciplinary proceedings prior to any decisions being reached that they are due as a result of proven negligence.
This clause is in my employment contract and I don't think it makes sense nor am I happy signing it...please can you clarify what it means in lay mans terms and should I sign??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Is this in relation to new or existing employment i.e. is your employer changing their contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to pay for a phone call, please just answer the question.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK no problem at all and thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. This clause is indeed rather poorly written. What it is basically trying to say is that if the company thinks that there are sums incurred by your negligent actions they will first fully investigate these first before deciding if they were indeed incurred because of your negligence. This investigation will also include taking you through a formal disciplinary procedure before any decision is taken. So it is good in a sense that they are saying they will investigate the allegations first and go through a formal disciplinary before laying any blame on you for losses incurred apparently as a result of your negligence. So there is nothing untoward as such, it is just not very well written - there should be no issues with signing it, I would not be too concerned if I was signing it personally.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.