31090051

Scottish Law Which body is responsible for taking action if

Scottish Law
Which body is responsible for taking action if an estate is not closed according to the law and confirmation has not be received from the Sheriff Court?
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

No body is responsible for this. If an executor is not dealing with an estate properly the beneficiaries can sue the executor in the court for an accounting of his intromissions and for payment of what the beneficiaries estimates he is due from the estate. Alternatively, there are (limited) procedures whereby a new executor could be appointed. Happy to discuss your specific scenario if you have further information. In the meantime I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.