29905560

I failed to issue an acknowledgement of service and went to

Customer Question

I failed to issue an acknowledgement of service and went to fill in the defence and a judgement was passed by default. The claim is from nPower, who have failed to provide me with an accurate bill. The bill relates back to 2011-2013. Letters started arriving August 2016 and I have sent letters back asking for my proper bill. The CCJ is for £4000, which is made up from two different account numbers and the same time! Every time I have asked for a proper bill they have stopped letters then start up again. What is the best approach to try and get the court to let me enter in a defence? Or is it now too late and I just have to pay it. Which seems unfair when I don't know what is owed!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What reason have they given for not providing you with a proper bill?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There have been no reasons, I keep sending letters asking for the bill with readings and they stop with letters, this time they have gone to Willet Chapman and it has happened so quickly. I am really stupid for not filing the acknowledgement of service, but I have been so busy at work, I just thought 28 days and got on with work

OK, thank you for your response. Thank you also for the live phone call request. I am unable to talk at the moment but leave it with me and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.