12826847

I have a hp laptop and have assistance installed on it. It

Customer Question

I have a hp laptop and have***@******.*** assistance installed on it.
It cost me £300 approximately to have the app installed and receive the support for 12 mths commencing at the beginning of 2015 and then a further £300 for another 12 mths
support commencing 12 mths later. This was all set up over the phone and by letting a
technician take control of my laptop. I am a novice when it comes to the operation of laptops and internet security and after reading about these bogus support companies online and the potential threats that they pose to your personal security i am thinking that i have been misled and basically conned into paying for something that is not legitimate.I am therefore wondering if you may be able to assist me to find out if i have been conned and ripped off and if that is the case then i will report it to the relevant authorities and contact the credit card company to assist me in obtaining a refund of £600 approximately.
I would appreciate your assistance with this matter and am anticipating your reply.
Yours sincerely, Steve.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

what makes you think you have been misled?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After reading about how some of these so called support companies operate online . It sounded very much like the way i was
contacted by them and advised to install their support apps on my laptop after paying a fee. so therefore i became suspicious
and wanted to find out if i had been conned into paying for something i didn't need and was advised illegally by a bogus company who claim to provide technical support when in fact they do no such thing and just prey on novices like myself and get them to pay extortionate fees for a service which is not beneficial to the payer of the fee but only beneficial to themselves.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. But in what specific way have they misled you?

What have they offered that they have not provided?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know if they have misled me that's what i am trying to find out, by asking microsoft to assist me to find out with the use of this service.
Basically i just want to know if***@******.*** is a genuine computer technical support company or not.
by asking microsoft's experts in this field.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

OK. Are you asking me if that is the case?

Obviously I will not know whether they have misled you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am.
It would also be a great help to me if an expert in this field could have a look at my questions and maybe be do a little investigating into***@******.*** and give his or her opinion on this matter. I am available to give a little more detail on how i first came into contact with them and the method of payment that was required for them to provide the service.
I can also answer any questions that he or she may have for me.
I fear that these people have charged me a large sum of money for a service that could be provided a lot cheaper by genuine
honest service providers with genuine intent. I also think that they may have preyed on my vulnerability as an almost complete novice in the use of modern communication and information devices.
Some of the technicians that i spoke to had what sounded to me like Indian accents and were quite hard to understand some of the actions which they asked me to preform i could not because of my misunderstanding of what they had said and also
because of the lack of my own technical ability, so therefore they took control of my laptop and preformed the actions themselves
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

I'm afraid we can't do that. This is a question and answer site. We cannot investigate companies on your behalf.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then i would like a refund of my £22 and thank you for replying to me Steve