29905560

I work at a university as a professor. The university

I work at a university as a professor. The university approached me offering (informally) a severance package. They want me to retire from the 1st of November. In June I wrote to them saying I was interested. They said they expected the negotiations to finish by the end of August. Now it is the 11th of October and I still do not have an official offer from them, so that I still do not officially know whether I'm going or not, and, if so, on which conditions. Is there any minimum time between the official severance offer and my decision of whether to accept it or not?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What reason have they provided for the delay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their exact wording is: "we are awaiting confirmation from the School (that is, one of the administrative unit within the University) of the funds that should be made available to you for conference and research following your retirement from your post".
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you. Thank you also for the live phone call request. I am unable to talk at the moment as I am in court today but please leave it with me and I will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Nice to speak to you just now, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me