Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

As a chairman of an allotment association I have with 4

As a chairman of an allotment association I have with 4 committee members consent sent a notice of Eviction to a plot holder for harrassing and bullying other tenants, he has sent a letter saying he wants to appeal. What do I do now
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do your association rules give an opportunity to appeal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our rules state an appeal can be made to an independent advisor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like the 7 day free trial but cannot speak on a phone. Email answers would be very helpful
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Then all you need to do is get an independent advisor to come in and re-consider the decision.

You present the evidence, the respondent presents the evidence (written format) and they make a decision with reasons.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I sent the eviction notice is it not up to the tenant who is appealing my dicision to go to an independent advisor or is it incumbent on me to provide the independent advisor
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Correct.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really no. Can you confirm you think the tenant should supply the independent advisor
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The tenant should - they want to appeal

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. Thank you so much.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

All the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. FoLowing on from my evedtion notice where I gave the plot holder 7 days to appeal they sent me a recorded delivery letter saying they wanted to appeal my decision. I have heard nothing since . Don I send another letter to them asking when they will hold their appeal or do I do nothing.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

No. Do nothing else since the letter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jamie
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Jamie. After receiving a letter saying the plot holder wishes to appeal our eviction notice I have heard nothing from them. Our rules state 7 days to appeal thereafter 30 days to remove your belongings from your allotment plot. So what would be the best course of action now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I should have added the plot holder is still working in his plot telling everyone he is going nowhere. What do I do now
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't worry what he is saying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still correct in waiting for him to inform me where his appeal will be held.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Correct. Or you can write and suggest an appropriate time and date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you advise I do that to speed things up
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would. You need this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I consulted an independent advisor today thinking I was right that our plot holder should let us know the details of his appeal against his termination, but she said I was wrong that I had to set the time and place and I needed my own independent advisor. I did not know this, she said by not doing that I could be accused of a personal witch hunt. I thought I was right but I was not. So how do I protect myself from bring accused of time wasting and ignorance
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 months ago.

Well there is no offence of that. But if you want to speed up the process then you could appoint someone independent if you wish.

That may just speed up things, but you dont have to, unless your own rules say you do.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you Jamie. They said the advice I got was wrong even thought I told them exactly what you said. So now I can live to fight another day knowing I can't be challenged again, you give me hope of a light st the end of a long time tunnel.