LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have an hmo with 5 males in it. When the 5th man moved in

Customer Question

I have an hmo with 5 males in it. When the 5th man moved in 4 months ago things started to deteriorate. The new man ended up fighting with one of the men who has been in the property for 2 years. This man has never been a problem, is very pleasent & always pays his rent on time. All the other tenants have complained about the new man & his behaviour. He uses the kitchen at midnight, banging & crashing around & even turns the radio on loudly. He is inconsiderate to the other residents & is usually late paying rent. I wish to get this new man out of the property but my contract states I must give him 2months notice on the day that rent is due. The next rent payment is due on 1st Nov. Is there any way I can get him out earlier please? Thank you for your time.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

I think the short answer to this is no. There are probably steps you can take in the case of nuisance but they would be expensive and take at least as long as giving him 2 months notice. If he commits a crime then he might get arrested and possibly have a bail condition preventing him from attending at the address.