Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am owed 80,000 by one individual and they are hiding from

I am owed 80,000 by one individual and they are hiding from me. I am wondering what is the chances of locating them and what cost I could be looking at for locating them and what reagan of charge for recovering that amount? Also what could be done if there not able to pay if and when located?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do they have assets such as property which you know about please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They do not have property as were living in rented accommodation, though they do state that they are holding my money though, how trusted that can be while they are being elusive is slight.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Do you know their bank account details?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All transactions were done by bank transfer, I have the record of every one to their account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also almost all communication was by text so have kept them and have digital record of the entire event.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then you can issue a county court claim against them, but there is no guarantee whatsoever you will get your money back.

You can do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Or if you are entitled to fee remission you need to do a paper claim by completing form N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

County Court Money Claims Centre
PO Box 527
Salford
Greater Manchester
M5 0B

The court will issue the claim at the last known address for him. Once you get Judgment you can get an order freezing his bank account.

But you can only freeze what is in the account at that time and assuming it is still open.

Other than getting a person tracer like a private detective (there are many firms that trace people) then that is all you can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I have any more chance of recovering anything by reporting the individual to the police? As I feel I'v been the victim of extortion by means of emotional blackmail. Would their be any point in pursuing that method?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I can't say - it depends on whether they have just spent it. The reality is that you may have a paper Judgment and no money. You can report this to the Police and in particular Action Fraud.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As much as can be, yes. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!