29905560

I a patio customers is not happy I offer refund but what

I laid a patio customers is not happy I offer refund but what patio slabs back before I give refund am I with in my right to get slabs back
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did you lay the patio? Also, is the customer not willing to let you have the slabs back?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ben

No I wrote out an agreement to let me have slab back but they want money I lay patio in may

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ben

What your answer

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Thanks for your patience. If you are offering to give them a refund you can ask for the slabs back but the customer can refuse to allow you back on to the property to take these. In these circumstances you can consider refunding them the labour costs and keeping the costs for the slabs to cover these expenses. The issue with taking the slabs back is that you would be expected to return the patio in the condition you found it before you started work, which could create more work and costs for you. So it is best if you refund them the labour cost and if they do not wish to return the slabs – keep the money for these.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ben

They said they will not let me remove slabs

But want a refund but I'm only willing to give them refund if I get slabs back i just want to no if I with in my right not to give refund if they don't let me have slabs

What is the customer not happy with - your work or the slabs?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Work

in that case you should still consider refunding them the work and if you cannot get the slabs back - deduct their cost from the refund amount. In the end if they do not want to return these you cannot get them back - you cannot get onto their property without their consent. But you can certainly try and negotiate to start with and state that a refund is only conditional on them returning the slabs - then you can refuse to refund them and see how far they take this - if it looks like they are going to go as far as court, you can just do as suggested - refund the work costs and deduct the slab costs from the amount - then they have no claim against you.

If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ben

I said I will only give refund if they give slab back but they said no they want refund or they will take to court I feel I have been fair what do you think I should do

The issue is not the slabs so you are not arguing over these - if the workmanship was the issue then you should consider refunding them for that but as mentioned you can deduct the cost of the slabs so you do not lose out on materials

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'