Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My name isnt on the mortgage, we've split up. I paid most of

My name isnt on the mortgage, we've split up. I paid most of the deposit when we got the house. I've put a lot of money into the house. And I also cleared of £15000 regarding the purchase of a car, settee, and the patio doors. Am I entitled to get something back?

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to assist you:

-Are/were you married?

-Whose name is ***** ***** in, and if joint is it a joint tenancy or tenants in common?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not married. The property is in her name.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was there for over 4 years

Thanks. Just a few more questions:

-Were there any agreements or intentions that you would be compensated for your contribution?

-What is the value of the property, outstanding mortgage and the deposit amount you paid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No agreement made didn't think it would come to that. The mortgage was for about 68000 we owe roughly 64000. The value now is about 80000 I paid about 6000 for the deposit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are we still talking?

Apologies for the delay in responding. Firstly, as you are not married unfortunately you have no legal interest in the property despite your contributions. However, if you are able to demonstrate that there was intention that you would be compensated for your deposit contribution you will have grounds to pursue an application to the county court for this.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.