13262538

Up until the beginning of May this year I was receiving

Hi, Up until the beginning of May this year I was receiving disability allowances inc ESA.
The Esa was stopped at the beginning of May, I rang to enquire as to why, I was told they had evidence of me working. Iasked what was going to happen and was told, they were waiting for 2 years bank statements and they would get in touch wih me in due course.
It is now October and I have had no contact. I still receive £55.00 disability and have a motorbility vehicle. I don't know what I'm suppose to do?
Regards Glyn.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Were you working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I have disability problems
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Did you provide the Bank Statements and did you ask what evidence they thought they had that you had been working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They said they were applying for 2 Years back statements themselves and would'not tell me. They said they would call me to go in to go in and be interviewed under caution. Not heard a thing since !!
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a letter from them?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I have had no communication at all, I rang them!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No communication at all!!!!!!
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Typical I am afraid

So all it was was a phone call saying they were not going to pay you anymore?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi; I rang the main office to ask what the problem was, and the girl gave me a number to call which I did and what I said previously is what I was told. I rang them,they didn't ring me!! Regards
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Do you have any details with the address of the office you should deal with on it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No,but I can get it but probably not until tomorrow now if that's ok?
Regards Glyn
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

When you find it you need to write a formal letter - quoting your reference number - and asking for an urgent written explanation of the unexplained stopping of your benefit.

Ask for an immediate explanation and confirmation of when it will be reinstated and the arrears paid

You should also make a SEPARATE written complaint about the way that you have been treated.

If you have had no response to either letter within three weeks then arrange to attend the local surgery of your Member of Parliament

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details