Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have a second property which at present is let to our

Customer Question

We have a second property which at present is let to our Daughter on a short hold assured tenancy agreement signed in April 2014 ,there is now a change of circumstances ( want s her partner to move in ) which are not acceptable to us we are not prepared to carry on with her as the tenant , we have had a rental assessment by a local specialist who says that are present rental is at £600 far to low and amore realistic rental would be £825 to £850, we have been looking to relet the property because we have been told that she will move out into a property that she can rent with her partner, an additional item of information is that about 3 months ago an agreement was made in writing between our daughter and her Son' s girlfriend who has now moved on. Thank You Keith Knowles
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello Keith my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We wan t to know if we can legally give notice to our Daughter to vacate our property sooner rather than later

You must by law give two months notice which takes effects from the next billing date.

This is called a section 21 notice. So you can give notice but it must be at least two months as she has an assured shorthold tenancy.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your advice , Ihave obtained a formal Section 21 form ,but have have read that the notice can be thrown out of court for any minor error ,would you advise using a Solicitor especially if we need an eviction notice / action.Keith Knowles

yes I would if it is that important to you to have it right.