How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5037
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have a second property which at present is let to our

Customer Question

We have a second property which at present is let to our Daughter on a short hold assured tenancy agreement signed in April 2014 ,there is now a change of circumstances ( want s her partner to move in ) which are not acceptable to us we are not prepared to carry on with her as the tenant , we have had a rental assessment by a local specialist who says that are present rental is at £600 far to low and amore realistic rental would be £825 to £850, we have been looking to relet the property because we have been told that she will move out into a property that she can rent with her partner, an additional item of information is that about 3 months ago an agreement was made in writing between our daughter and her Son' s girlfriend who has now moved on. Thank You Keith Knowles
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Keith my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We wan t to know if we can legally give notice to our Daughter to vacate our property sooner rather than later
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You must by law give two months notice which takes effects from the next billing date.

This is called a section 21 notice. So you can give notice but it must be at least two months as she has an assured shorthold tenancy.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice , Ihave obtained a formal Section 21 form ,but have have read that the notice can be thrown out of court for any minor error ,would you advise using a Solicitor especially if we need an eviction notice / action.Keith Knowles
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

yes I would if it is that important to you to have it right.