12826847

I was attacked by a dog two years ago and I am pursuing a

Customer Question

I was attacked by a dog two years ago and I am pursuing a lawsuit,I am being told that I won't get anything as someone has made a statement saying I was drinking,of which I had a couple of pints & was on my way to someones house and was attacked by the said dog on a public highway & now have severe tendon damage, I would like to know where I stand as my solicitor i find is not very good. Yours sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to know if I am able to claim anything as I'm the victim & it was on a public highway and the dog wasn't muzzled, I'm lucky to have a hand as the dog was a bull mastiff mixed with a great dane
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Well, it depends.

On the face of it there is a claim.

If your solicitor is saying that it is a weak one though then probably his answer is more reliable as he has had full vision of the case and I have not.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

The fact that you were drinking per se is no defence although I suppose it may be part and parcel of an allegation that you were negligent. That would lead to a reduction for contributory negligence but I don't know if that is the purpose to which this is being put.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

You should take very seriously though the advice of your solicitor.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't find it the. Info helpful & I feel like I've wasted my money as the law and solicitors don't stick up for the victims
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Good luck.