Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

My children attended a afterschool and breakfast club child

Customer Question

hi, my children attended a afterschool and breakfast club child provider. i raised concerns about there and the passive emotional abuse they are doing to my child they said they will look intoit and the next day withdraw my child and they have not given me my money back. also i had another child and because they withdrawal one i said the other one will not attend and they are not giving me my money for her also. what do i do
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much have you paid for the club please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi i have paid £120 in advance for two children
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
After carefully evaluating and discussing this matter we have to do what's in the best interest of all the children as this cycle cannot continue on.The senior managers have decided as stated in our behaviour management policy;"If a child's behaviour effects the good feeling within our club we reserve the right to remove them with immediate effect"
they sent this last week friday and now i out of childcare. they also said as my other child is not attending and i have not given them 4weeks notice they will not give me a refund.
i feel its very unfair ive raised concerns and my child has been withdrawn they state that my child has been disruptive! this is a lie
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.