12826847

An off duty police officer stopped me around 2 weeks ago on

Customer Question

An off duty police officer stopped me around 2 weeks ago on a train for rolling a joint, he took my name and address a picture of (joint). The 'joint' was disposed of on the path and i was free to go. Yesterday i had a visit from transport police asking me to agree to a cannabis warning, i delined until i spoken to legal advice as they have no hard evidence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

did they ask you to sign any paperwork at the time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing was signed at the time, the off duty officer took a picture of my drivers license and small roll up, he was on his commute home apparently (met police) this happened in liphook 40 miles south from london.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Are you asking what will happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking should I accept this warning or challenge the case as it was not a joint but legal high ... What will happen if ignored? Thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, it depends how much risk you are prepared to take.

On the face of it, it is a fairly safe action to refuse because they don't have the drugs so cant analyse them.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

if they can't analyse them then it is not possible to prove that it was prohibited.

Obviously you are running the risk they cannot prove this.